Trends Case Study Advice

Read Time: 3 min


Workplace Woes: Our In-House Wellness Guru is Here to Help

Don’t underestimate the power of wellness. Wellness in the workplace is still a battle being fought daily, with organisations trying to promote open conversions around mental and physical health and how to create a healthy work/life balance to keep employees motivated and inspired. So, the big question is, how can hiring managers and organisations ensure the wellbeing and motivation of their employees?

Our very own Talentpath Wellness Guru, Sonia Savage balances her part-time Clinical Nutritionist role with providing us with a wealth of knowledge on how to keep happy and productive in the office.

Feeling moody? Check your foody!

If you’ve been feeling a little under the weather, unproductive or struggling to find the motivation, it could be down to what you’re fuelling your body with. It is thought that 90% of dopamine and serotonin are made in the gut, which could be why you’ve been feeling a little on the lower side as the food you eat has an affect on the mind. This is because there is a biological link between the neurotransmitters in your brain and the gut microbiome.

“In the last 12 months, have you experienced any of the below that impacted your ability to perform your best in your role?”

It might just be that the above respondents weren’t looking after their gut health properly, therefore were more susceptible to mood swings, anxiety and burnout at work. This is why it’s so important to ensure that you’re being an advocate for your physical health as this can affect your mental health and mood.

What does wellness mean to you?

In our Talent Guide, we delved into the insights of over 1,000 individuals to uncover the challenges of talent retention and the desires of potential talent. When it comes to wellbeing, an encouraging 65% of respondents reported that their organisations have established and easily accessible wellness programs. But what about the remaining 35%? It's crucial for organisations to provide resources that empower employees to achieve their optimal performance, so they are fulfilled and motivated at work. After all, fostering practical wellness solutions is a shared responsibility between employees and employers, ensuring everyone can thrive while giving their best.

To enhance your overall wellbeing, you need to start at home. By prioritising your nutrition, sleep quality, physical activity and stress management you will see exponential results in your capabilities at work.

This program isn’t just about feeling good – despite being a massive win that you do - it’s about working better and boosting morale. Recognising the significance of wellness, we’re excited about introducing our wellness expert to organisations to help design bespoke and comprehensive wellbeing programs which help to propel your business to the next level.

If this is something that you want for yourself or your team, get in touch with us to embark on this journey towards a healthier and happier workforce.

Related articles

Keep your finger on the pulse

Subscribe to Insights